The Q-Box® is designed for plants that are at risk of dust explosions, such as filters, elevators or silos with KSt -Values
The rectangular connection complements the dimensions of standard explosion vents, thus allowing it to be retrofitted to existing indoor and outdoor equipment. The sanitary cover protects the Q-Box® against dust from outside sources. Q-Box® is also suitable for outdoor application. Easy retrofitting: The dimensions of the Q-Box® perfectly match the dimensions of REMBE® standard explosion vents.
- Flexible use of the Q-Box® permits process-efficient plant design.
- Reduces noise levels.
- Perfect protection of the surrounding area.
- Neither heat, dusts nor a dangerous pressure wave emerge from the vessel – everything stays in the Q-Box®.
- Cost-effective alternative to venting ducts. No running costs for venting ducts and external maintenance, a visual inspection is sufficient.
- Integrated signalling unit for reliable monitoring.
- Reduced downtime: Access to the protected system doesn't require a safety-related locking mechanism (LOTO).
- Flexible solution for indoor and outdoor use.
- Simple retrofitting to existing explosion vent installations.
The special stainless steel mesh filter inlet developed by REMBE® cools the hot flame gases extremely efficiently (up to 1.500 °C (2.732 °F) or even 3.000 °C (5.432 °F) for metal dusts). This reduces the volume of gas ejected and extinguishes the explosion.
Dimensions and weight
|305 x 610 mm||500 mm||ca. 28 kg|
|586 x 920 mm||780 mm||ca. 77 kg|
- animal feed productions
- aspiration plants
- food production
- mills and grinding plants
- spray dryers
- wood processing
requirements of NFPA 68
ATEX EC type
GEX 19 ATEX 1001X
The combination of the Q-Box® and isolation systems prevents pressure waves and flames propagating to other parts of the plant.
Your contact person
I will be happy to advise you about the most suitable Protection systems for your plant. Individually, in detail and taking all relevant parameters into account.