This system isolates plant components in both directions and comprises a self-monitoring EXKOP® controller with data storage and one or several quench valves.
EXKOP® systems are suitable for filling lines, aspiration lines and pipes, pneumatic conveyor lines and air intake openings. As well as operating as a decoupling system for dust-bearing plants, the EXKOP® system can also be used as a spark arrester or overpressure limiter.
- Effective protection through high-speed detection of explosion events.
- Returns to operation again immediately after triggering.
- Self-monitoring safety electronics with operating data storage.
- Modem-compatible remote system analysis permits remote maintenance.
- Instant recognition of system status in HMI.
- Instant status forwarding to customer PLC (Alarm, failure, maintenance, etc.).
- Processes wide range of trigger signals for easy retrofitting to existing plants.
- Fail Safe mechanism automatically closes the valve if the power / compressed air fails or the valve is manipulated.
- Reliable, process-optimised protection against explosions in adjacent plant components.
- Avoid downtime after the mechanism is triggered.
In the event of an explosion, the EXKOP® controller receives a trigger signal (e.g. from the signalling unit of the Q-Rohr® or an explosion vent, from a pressure switch or spark detector) and activates the connected EXKOP® quench valves. These close within a few milliseconds and thus protect adjacent plant components. After being triggered, the quench valves can be put back in operation once again at the touch of a button.
- animal feed productions
- aspiration plants
- food production
- mills and grinding plants
- spray dryers
- wood processing
ATEX EC type
examination certificate no. FSA 04 ATEX 1537 X
ATEX EC type
examination certificate no. FSA 15 ATEX 1659 X
The EXKOP® system is ideal in combination with explosion vents or flameless explosion venting solutions.
Your contact person
I will be happy to advise you about the most suitable Protection systems for your plant. Individually, in detail and taking all relevant parameters into account.