Suitable for high temperatures and corrosive media.
The CBS rupture disc protects intermodal tank containers with especially high demands regarding the leak-tightness as well as the temperature and corrosion resistance required for the pressure relief device (rupture disc). It is often additionally used below a safety valve (e.g. Fort Vale valve) to protect the safety valve from corrosion caused by the product and to ensure leak tightness of the safety valve.
The rupture disc has an operating pressure ratio of up to 80 %* of the minimum burst pressure: it can be installed directly between flanges and opens in a star-shaped fashion with no fragmentation. It is perfectly suitable for overpressure as well as vacuum applications and can be used for liquid or gaseous media. The CBS design ensures the highest degree of leak-tightness and is fitted with a protective ring located beneath the discharge-side gasket. An additional liner can be inserted above the inlet-side gasket if necessary to further improve the disc against corrosion.
* Depending on the specific application.
- Extremely long service-life and extreme temperature resistance through the use of high-quality materials such as Tantalum, Hastelloy and Inconel.
- Optionally available sealing membrane for the highest degree of leak-tightness.
- Low space requirement for a full cross-section clearance through a star-shaped opening.
- Extends the service-life of your safety valve, since it is protected from the transported medium (corrosive) during the normal operation of the tank.
- Available in a wide range of materials and sizes to suit your process conditions.
- chemical industry
- chemical reactors
- cryostats + transport containers
- food production
- gas-tight pressure vessels
- hazardous goods containers
- heat exchangers
- isolation of safety valves
- petrochemical plants
- process vessels
- spray dryers
- sterile tanks / aseptic tanks
- chemical- petrochemical
- oil and gas industry
- pharmaceutical industry
Your contact person
I will be happy to advise you about the most suitable rupture discs for your process. Individually, in detail and taking all relevant parameters into account.