Safe and cost-effective solution for indoor applications.
Safety and operating efficiency go hand in hand. The Q-Rohr® enables you to implement flame arresting and particulate retention explosion venting in closed rooms. No complicated ducts for outdoor venting or associated restructuring of production equipment are required. With the Q-Rohr® there is now nothing to prevent you from using the optimum layout for your production plant while guaranteeing the best possible explosion safety. In addition, Q-Rohr® is unrivaled in terms of running costs. Eliminating vent ducts saves you money not only on installation but also on servicing and maintenance. Q-Rohr® is also suitable for metal dusts, gas and hygienic applications. Q-Rohr® is available in the sizes DN 200 to DN 800. Customised versions up to DN 1400 are also possible.
The Q-Rohr® is ideal for indoor plants that are at risk of dust and gas explosions. Many new plants are equipped directly with the Q-Rohr® as it offers a wide range of flexible installation options. Retrofitting is also simplicity itself. The Q-Rohr® can be used to protect filters, dryers, cyclones and can be used with gases, hybrid mixtures, metal dusts, melting dusts or fibres.
- Perfect protection of the surrounding area. Guaranteed flame arresting and particulate retention – no hazardous pressure wave effects.
- REMBE® is the first manufacturer in the world to be certified for metal dusts.
- The complete production process remains in the building.
- No running costs for vent ducts or external maintenance, a visual inspection is sufficient.
- The Q-Rohr® is a flexible solution – it can even be used in the middle of your production halls. Proximity to an external wall is not required.
- Integrated signalling unit for reliable monitoring.
- Noise level and rise of pressure typically associated with explosions are greatly reduced to an acceptable harmless level.
- Immediately reusable and operational after cleaning of the flame filter and replacement of the explosion vent.
- Process-optimised plant layout.
- No external maintenance costs.
The special stainless steel mesh filter inlet developed by REMBE® cools the hot flame gases extremely efficiently (up to 1.500 °C (2.732 °F) or even 3.000 °C (5.432 °F) for metal dusts). This reduces the volume of gas ejected and extinguishes the explosion.
- Q-Rohr® DFE Maritime permits flameless explosion venting in the ship’s hull and thus protects the surrounding area against the consequences of an explosion. Normal operations can recommence on the ship very quickly after an explosion occurs.
- Q-Rohr® DFE permits flameless explosion venting in the generator building without the need for costly and complex venting ducts. If an explosion occurs, neither flames nor a pressure wave emerge from the vessel. Other areas of the plant and employees working in the building have the best possible protection. Normal operation of the power plant can recommence very quickly after an explosion occurs and the energy supply is secure.
- Q-Rohr® is the world’s first protective system for flameless explosion venting to be certified for metal dusts in accordance with EN 16009. It is THE cost-efficient solution for indoor explosion safety in the metalworking industry. Expensive and complicated safety systems are no longer required.
Burst pressure Pstat
Max. red. explosion pressure Pred
Max. KSt value
- chemical industry
- chemical- petrochemical
- oil and gas industry
- pharmaceutical industry
Meets the requirements of NFPA 68
Germanischer Lloyd Q-Rohr® 19496-11 HH
DE 38 22 012
ATEX EC type examination certificate no. IBExU 11 ATEX 2152 X
ATEX EC type examination certificate no. IBExU 13 ATEX 2085 X
ATEX EC type examination certificate no. IBExU 13 ATEX 2086 X
ATEX EC type examination certificate no. IBExU 13 ATEX 2027 X
The combination of the Q-Rohr® and isolation systems prevents pressure waves and flames propagating to other parts of the plant.
Your contact person
I will be happy to advise you about the most suitable Protection systems for your plant. Individually, in detail and taking all relevant parameters into account.